I thought it was the usual situation where it offs by itself because the room somehow have a movement sensor, but no, i opened the door and realized that people were leaving the Learning Center.
Everybody was wondering what happened, we somehow figured that it has got to do with the fire that's happening.
Earlier on today, there was a fire in the TC bar kitchen, and another on Mass Ave or Westland Ave if i am not mistaken. we figured the blackout was caused by yet another fire that happened later which is the one at Dalton St at Hilton's parking garage or something like that.
We soon left the building and once i step out of the 150 building, it was as if the city was on a riot, or rather a war. People were on the pavements along Mass Ave, and the whole place was so dark you could barely see one another, the only source of light being the blue lights from the police car. Mass Ave was blocked by the police and traffic was steered towards other directions.
I didn't know where to go or what to do, so i decided to call Irma or Bahar, in fact i've been trying to do that ever since i was in the building. But the phone line seems to be down too. Luckily Bahar managed to call me and we decided to meet at 1140. I was walking over to 1140 when David shouted my name, and i soon realize that i cant go over to the other side because Boylston street was blocked too. So we walked back towards the Haviland direction and went to 1140 through Haviland.
It was quite a crazy scene. The place was pitch black because apparently, the power was down for the whole back bay area.
As i was walking back, I noticed the helicopter above.
I wondered if this is how it is like if the end of the day comes.
Is this how it is like during a war ?
Is this how it is like during a curfew?
I have been reading so much about war and what not , but you never get to experience it. this is one of the closest experience i have to that.
It's funny how when i walk pass the fens, and fenway was so well lit, it really is a very different world. Funny how it takes something bad to remind us what kind of a good state we are in.
Thank God the fire wasn't in Berklee's building, and it reminds me again of how ignorant people can be. People were out there wanting to see what happened, but really, how is it gonna be like if it wasn't a fire, what if it was an earthquake? I wouldnt know where i should go to save my life.
This is the 4th fire that happened this week, the first one happened in the Fens Park. I hope this will stop and really, I thank God yet again for this experience and also the chance to be able to write this down.
No comments:
Post a Comment